Champion Hills is a private, debt-free community located in a spectacular mountain setting near Hendersonville, North Carolina. Its Tom Fazio golf course is ranked among the top 15 in North Carolina, but is playable for all skill levels.
Residents come from throughout the country for the laid-back Southern lifestyle, but enjoy all the dining, shopping, arts and outdoor activities that Asheville and Western North Carolina have to offer just minutes from their door. Send me more information about Champion Hills!
The clubhouse hosts a full social calendar of activites and events.
At the heart of the community is the Champion Hills Club. The lodge-style clubhouse is a casual yet elegant location for events, parties, organized community activities, luncheons and more.
With extensive amenities, dining options, a full social calendar and all that Western North Carolina has to offer there is always plenty to do and friends and neighbors to share it with.
Tom Fazio’s Summer Home Golf Course
A deep respect for the land compelled Tom Fazio to design a course that uses the natural contours of the mountains to create a dramatic golfing experience while preserving the natural beauty of the landscape.
The Tom Fazio-designed course is ranked among NC’s best.
Consistently ranked among the top courses in North Carolina, the par-71 course is open year -round and offers challenge and playability for golfers of all skill levels. Send me more information about Champion Hills!
“It’s easy to make golf difficult in the mountains, especially on the Champion Hills site,” says Fazio. “The trick was to create a fair, enjoyable test for scratch golfers, as well as the higher handicap male and female players. With 5 sets of tees we were able to accomplish this goal and have a course that can be set up for any desired level of play.”
It’s an amazing golfing experience, say residents year after year, and a true mountain masterpiece that Tom Fazio is proud to call his summer home golf course.
A Master Planned Community and Club
The building lots in the Champion Hills community were carefully planned to maximize the mountain and golf course views without encroaching on the golf course. Even though the community is mature and has over 300 homes, the average density is less than one home per acre.
Most importantly, from an investment standpoint, the community is debt-free and managed by a resident board rather than a developer.
The resident architectural review board also ensures that the spectacular natural environment of the community is maintained and that new homes or renovations align with the character of the community. Send me more information about Champion Hills!
(Champion Hills Club is a private, member-owned country club. Admission is member-sponsored and requires approval by the Board of Governors.)
Champion Hills is a community of single-family homes, villas, cottages and townhomes set within beautiful wooded lots in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains of western North Carolina. Because Champion Hills is a well established, financially secure community, the availability of specific types of properties will vary. The following types of properties are generally available:
- Lovely wooded building lots with golf course or mountain views ranging in price from $45,000 to $250,000
- Single-family homes, from $400,000 to $2,000,000
- Villas, townhomes and cottages from $300,000 to $600,000
- Send me more information about Champion Hills!
- A Tom Fazio championship golf course with 5 sets of tees for players of all skill levels and a short game practice area
- Mountain-lodge style clubhouse
- Fine dining with panoramic mountain views: al fresco dining and the Fazio Grill Room
- Lighted Har-Tru® tennis courts
The fitness center will get you into better shape.
- Full fitness center and fitness classes with dedicated fitness classroom
- Heated Pool, hydro spa and sun deck
- Walking trails
- Tournament-level bocce courts
- A dedicated activities director and certified personal trainer
- 24/7 roving security
- Send me more information about Champion Hills!
- Sewage treatment facility
- City water
- Natural gas
- High speed Internet access
- Architectural review board
Hiking is a popular pastime in an area with endless opportunities.
Nestled in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Champion Hills is just five miles from Hendersonville, a picturesque Southern town rich in culture and history, and just 25 minutes from all the dining, shopping, attractions, art and live performances that Asheville has to offer.
You’ll find all the comforts of urban life, including the nationally acclaimed Flat Rock Theatre for the performing arts, an excellent local symphony, numerous university art series and other live theatre and art exhibits within 30 minutes of your home. Send me more information about Champion Hills!
Situated in the heart of Western North Carolina, Champion Hills’ residents also find it extremely easy to access an unlimited array of outdoor activities from golf, biking and tennis to hiking, rafting, horseback riding, fly-fishing, hunting and camping. Almost any outdoor activity you can imagine is at your doorstep and several national and state forests are within a short drive.
A private, debt-free community, Champion Hills provides the perfect balance: a location that’s secluded yet connected, a mild climate with four distinct seasons, a club that’s both casual and elegant, and a lifestyle where you can be as involved or laid back as you choose to be.
Sitting at elevations from 2,000-3,000 feet, Champion Hills has a wonderful four-season climate. Spring and fall are breathtakingly beautiful and the summer and winters are very moderate. Golf is played all 12 months of the year at Champion Hills because extended periods of cold weather are rare.
Daytime temperatures in January, the coldest month, average in the mid- to upper-40s. July and August are the warmest months, with daytime highs in the mid-80s and low humidity. Although some residents leave in January-March, the majority of the members at Champion Hills are year-round residents. Send me more information about Champion Hills!
Awards & Honors
Retire to a top-rated area with world-class facilities.
- Hendersonville, North Carolina was named “One of the 5 Great Places to Retire,” by Where to Retire magazine
- Hendersonville, Named one of the Top 10 “Best Small Towns in the South,” by Southern Living Reader’s Choice Awards
- Asheville Named No. 1 retirement community in “100 Best Places to Retire for 2013,” by Topretirements.com
- Asheville, just 25 minutes from Champion Hills was named one of the “25 Best Places to Retire,” by CNNMoney
- Asheville was named one of the Top 100 Places to Live, by Liveability.com
- Asheville was voted one of the Best Beer Towns in America by CNN.com
- Asheville Named one of the five best beer cities, by Forbes.com
- Greener Ideal named Asheville one of the 5 Healthiest & Greenest Cities in America
Come for a visit and get comfortable.
The best way to get to know Champion Hills is to experience the community and club firsthand. You are invited to schedule a visit so you can see just how exceptional life at Champion Hills can be. Send me more information about Champion Hills!
To plan your visit, call at 800.633.5122, or request more information by clicking the green information link at the right.
- Asheville Regional Airport – 15 minutes
- Greenville/Spartanburg International Airport – 45 minutes
- Charlotte International Airport – 90 minutes