The Currahee Club is a 1,200-acre private, gated residential club community set in foothill splendor along the shores of Lake Hartwell near the Georgia-South Carolina line. Currahee means ‘stands alone’ in the local Cherokee language and as a lure for luxurious private club living, the name is right on target.
The community’s signature amenity is a luxurious 45,000-sf, mountain-style clubhouse which features three covered stone terraces for dining or enjoying panoramic lake and mountain views. Inside there’s a spectacular 60-foot grand room with oversized floor-to-ceiling stone fireplaces, leather chair sitting areas & chess play. Send me more information about Currahee!
Golf with Lake Hartwell Views
The community’s 18-hole, Jim Fazio-designed world-class golf course is known for its three state mountain and Lake Hartwell views, plus a memorable par-3 hole over a rock quarry.
The course features multiple tees for every level player, eight holes with water features, Bermuda fairways, fast greens and mountain topography. Rolling fairways, dramatic elevation changes of up to 150 feet and generous sloping greens create a challenging and memorable round of golf. Send me more information about Currahee!
Families Are Welcome
The Currahee Club Amenity Campus, in addition to the lake and golf, is another important element of active community life. It is a full-service center dedicated to fitness, wellness and enjoyment for all ages.
The Amenity Campus overlooks a negative-edge salt water swimming pool and deck. Popular amenity components are the playground, Grand Lawn, fire pits and more–all surrounded by groomed walking trails.
Luxury amenities also include a spa-like ladies locker room and a rich den-style men’s locker room. Fireplace, bookcases, custom-built Irish Pub and cigar porch combine to create a welcome retreat. Indian heritage artwork adorns the walls and halls. Send me more information about Currahee!
See below for details and prices about Currahee real estate, homes and lots, especially the new Timber Ridge Cottages.
One of the best real estate values in Currahee will be the Timber Ridge Cottages. Set along golf hole No. 3 near the main gate, the Cottages will range in size from 1,800 sf to 3,000 sf with a style that merges the casual chic look of the Hamptons with Nantucket style architecture.
Cottage elements include simple interiors, two-car courtyard garages, open-floor plans, 10-foot ceilings, stone and wood accents, walls of windows and screen porches on nearly every home. Master bedrooms suites are on the main level. Some of the garages are detached and have bonus rooms over them–carriage suites perfect for family visits or overnight guests.
- Homes priced from $300,000 to over $1,000,000
- Golf and lake homesites, from $60,000s to $400,000s
- Rentals available for Discovery Tours
- Currahee Club Realty, located just outside the main gate, open daily
- Send me more information about Currahee real estate and homeowner fees!
- Private, gated mountain golf and lakefront resort community
- 7,513-yard -yard, par-72 Jim Fazio-designed championship course
- Turn Terrace & Patio Grille
- 48,000-sf clubhouse
- Irish Pub, Great Lodge Room w/stone fireplace
- Stone-terrace sitting porch
- Fazio Pub, Golf Shop, Billiards Room
- Overlook dining room with inside/outside terrace seating
- Board room, business center and conference room
- Sports Club
- Salt water swimming pool and deck
- Playground, Grand Lawn, fire pits
- Two tennis courts, bocce ball courts, volleyball courts
- Community garden, groomed walking trails
- Workout room, flex room
- Sports Grill, Splash Tiki Bar
- Director of Adventure
- Currahee Lake Club
- Lake Park with boat docks
- Fishing, tubing, jet skiing, kayaking, canoeing
- Send me more information about Currahee!
Tucked in the Blue Ridge Mountain foothills and removed from the chaos of city life, Currahee Club is just 85 miles northeast of Atlanta and 62 miles southwest of Greenville, SC.
Shopping, the new state-of-the-art Ty Cobb Hospital and the quaint mountain town of Toccoa are all nearby.
Currahee’s Lake Park with lake access and community docks makes the nearby 56,000-acre Lake Hartwell accessible and enjoyable in so many ways. You can fish, go tubing, jet ski or just float and let the water take your cares away.
When you are ready for land again enjoy hammocks in the trees, take the trails back home or do a little star gazing after a great day on the water. Kids may even catch a firefly or two, so bring your jars with holes in the lid. Send me more information about Currahee!
Awards & Honors
- Best for Club Living, by LINKS Magazine, 2015
- Ranked No. 40, Top 100 Best Residential Golf Courses in America, by Golf Week Magazine, 2015
- Ranked No. 1, Best Golf Club in Georgia, by National Golf Course Owners Association, 2014
- Southeastern US Best Custom Home Aurora Award, 2014
- Southeastern US Best Amenity for Currahee Clubhouse Aurora Award, 2014
- Southeastern US Best Amenity for Currahee Sports Campus Aurora Award, 2014
- Best Golf Community of the Year “Bliss” Award, by Golf World, 2014
- Founding Member Southern Living Inspired Community, 2014
- Top 1,000 of World’s 32,000 Golf Courses, by Rolex, 2013
- Send me more information about Currahee!
- Toccoa-Stephens National Airport, about 10 minutes away
- Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport, 60 minutes away