DeBordieu is a private, gated beachfront community set on a remarkably beautiful spot on the South Carolina coast. Tucked between the Waccamaw River and the Atlantic Ocean, the community is home to just 1,250 homesites on its 2,700 acres. DeBordieu encompasses hundreds of undeveloped acres that have been established as a wildlife preserve in perpetuity.
Amenities include the only private golf facility on the Grand Strand which is anchored by a championship golf course by Pete Dye and his son, P.B. Dye. Other amenities include a clubhouse, separate 10-court tennis complex and a 10-acre beach club overlooking the Atlantic.
The Lowcountry Life
Residents and guests enjoy Lowcountry cuisine at its best at DeBordieu’s oceanfront Beach Club and live musical entertainment at the Blue Heron Beach Grill, and relax at the oceanside pool and gazebo bar.
DeBordieu Club offers four flexible membership plans: Golf, Sports, Tennis and Beach Social.
Golf by Pete & PB Dye
In addition to its location right on the Atlantic Ocean, DeBordieu offers a championship 18 designed by Pete Dye and his son, P.B. Dye. Residents often describe a round at DeBordieu as an “exhilarating 18-stop nature tour.”
The Dyes designed a challenging, but playable course that winds through the stunning marshland of DeBordieu and is defined by its signature 17th hole–voted No. 1 on the Grand Strand.
Tennis is first-class, too, with a variety of tournaments, league matches, kids camps and clinics for all ages which ensure a steady volume of play.
See below for details and pricing for real estate.
- Homes, resale homes and lots available
- Properties offer golf, marsh, ocean or preserve views
- Home prices range from $525,000 to $3.5 million
- Homesite prices range from $115,000 to $2.6 million
- No time restriction to build
- Rentals available
- For more information, Call Troi Kaz, DeBordieu Colony Real Estate at 800-753-5597
- Private, gated, coastal golf and beachfront community
- 18-hole championship golf course designed by Pete Dye and P.B. Dye
- Pro shop and on-site professionals
- Tennis complex
- Eight Har-Tru tennis courts and two hard courts
- Several lighted tennis courts
- Dining and recreation
- Georgian-style clubhouse
- Oceanfront beach club with panoramic views
- Casual dining and live entertainment at Blue Heron Beach Grill
- Oceanfront pool and gazebo bar
- DeBordieu Club
- Four flexible membership plans–Golf, Sports, Tennis and Beach Social
DeBordieu is truly a world apart, yet its secluded setting is convenient to some of the most appealing cities and attractions in the South. The charming communities of Pawleys Island and historic Georgetown are only a few minutes away and provide all the necessities of life and a great deal of enjoyment besides.
Romantic Charleston, with its exceptional assortment of restaurants, shopping, historic sites and cultural events, is just an hour south of the main gate.
Myrtle Beach Nearby
Exciting Myrtle Beach is about 45 minutes north, also offers its own amazing array of dining establishments and shopping, nightlife, live entertainment theaters and more than 100 championship golf courses.
Between these two very different coastal cities lies quiet fishing villages, pristine beaches, a national forest and seashore, dozens of antebellum plantations, the largest outdoor sculpture garden in America and, of course, DeBordieu.
- Charleston Airport
- Myrtle Beach Airport
- Georgetown County Airport