Glenmore is a private, gated golf and equestrian community that’s earned a fine reputation as Charlottesville’s premier gated community. The community is renowned for its 18-hole championship golf course and equestrian center.
Additional top-draw amenities include state-of-the-art fitness and swimming and tennis complex and magnificent Georgian-style clubhouse. Glenmore features luxury homes, cottages and premier homesites.
Thomas Jefferson Country
Thomas Jefferson called Charlottesville home, and some of the most beautiful real estate in Virginia, no doubt influenced by Jefferson’s design genius, lies just beyond Glenmore’s gatehouse entrance.
Within the community’s 1,500 acres of woods, ponds, valleys and fairways are more than 500 acres of common area landscape that blends seamlessly with homes of inspirational elegance.
The Glenmore golf course was designed by John B. LaFoy, a protégé of George W. Cobb, one of America’s leading golf course architects. LaFoy has more than 75 noted courses to his credit, including Augusta National Golf Club, where he assisted in the rebuilding of many of its features.
At Glenmore, residents are challenged by LaFoy’s two nine-hole loops that offer wide greens, tight fairways, elevated tees and ominous bunkers. The course is for golfers of all skill levels and accommodates play from 5,100 to 6,900 yards.
Glenmore prides itself on the fine architecture and style of its elegant homes, and its Architectural Review Board works hard to make sure that tradition continues.
Whether Georgian, Greek Revival, Federal, Colonial, or Ranch is to your liking, Glenmore’s homes consistently rank among the most excellent and elegant in Central Virginia. The proof of excellence is its usual collection of awards during the area’s annual Parade of Homes.
- Homesites from $159,000
- New Homes and resale homes from $400,000
- Views include golf, woods, mountains, pond
- Architectural Review Board
- Property price often includes $20,000 membership to Glenmore Country Club
- Private, gated golf and equestrian community
- Gatehouse, 24- hour security
- 1,500 acres w/ 500 acres of common areas
- 18-hole championship golf course designed by John B. LaFoy
- Multiple tees, plays from 5,100 to 6,900 yards, par 72
- Equestrian center
- Georgian-style clubhouse
- Golf pro shop, men’s and women’s lounges, meeting rooms
- Grand ballroom
- Dining room
- Social events such as Wine Dinners, Holiday Events, Brunches
- Themed Events, Outdoor Barbeques and more
- State-of-the-art fitness/swimming and tennis complex
- 25-meter seasonally heated swimming pool
- Private children’s pool, adult only pool for lap swimming or casual swim
- Treadmills, recumbent bikes, upright bikes,cross-trainers
- Rowers, step machines, weight machines, free weights
- Personal training sessions, aerobics, seasonal exercise classes
- Five types of membership Golf, Sports, Fitness, Social, Non- Resident
- Nine Har-Tru tennis courts, four hard surface Deco-Turf courts
- Tiny Tots program tennis for children ages 4-6
- Junior Development program, adult clinics
- Platform tennis courts
- Soccer/lacrosse field, batting cage
- RV storage lot
- Canoeing and fishing on the Rivana River
Charlottesville and Albemarle County
From your home at Glenmore you can discover quiet country roads, spectacular Blue Ridge views, and classic architecture–everything that Thomas Jefferson loved about Virginia. Visit his beautiful Monticello, the elegant Grounds of the University of Virginia and its nationally-renowned Medical Center and nearby Martha Jefferson Hospital.
You’ll also want to visit Ash Lawn, the home of President Monroe; Montpelier, the home of President James Madison and the famous Michie Tavern.
Along the way, you’ll also discover your own fun, whether it’s hiking, biking, fine dining, or shopping. This is a corner of the world something wonderful greets you at every bend in the road, including:
- John Paul Jones Arena
- University of Virginia Department of Drama
- The Paramount Theater
- The Virginia Film Festival
- University of Virginia McIntire Department of Music Calendar of Events
- Restaurants in Charlottesville
- Live Arts
- Wintergreen Ski & Mountain Resort
- Foxfield Races
- Shenandoah National Park
Glenmore Country Club’s discovery program is a little different from the usual stay-a-few-days visit. Glenmore is currently offering a unique invitation to prospects eager to embrace the culture and tradition of the club. The program features an exclusive Preview Membership term without paying any initiation fees up front.
If you would like more information about preview membership, please fill out an inquiry form (click link).
- Charlottesville/Albemarle Airport