Private and gated, Colleton River Plantation Club is one of South Carolina’s most prestigious golf communities. Member owned and operated, it is sited on more than 1,500 acres with a low density of only 705 homesites, offering a variety of marsh, golf course, river and forest views.
Located 1.5 miles from the bridge to Hilton Head Island, Colleton is a place of great natural beauty with towering live oaks, Lowcountry marshes, tidal creeks, lakes and magnificent views of the Colleton and Chechessee Rivers as they flow into Port Royal Sound. Send me more information about Colleton River!
Two Championship Courses
The heart and soul of the club are its two championship golf courses, designed by Jack Nicklaus and Pete Dye. Both layouts are ranked in Golf Magazine’s “Top 100 Greatest Courses in the U.S.” In addition, there’s tennis, swimming, hiking, biking, fishing, and boating–it’s all here for the perfect getaway.
Colleton River’s two golf courses are ‘Top 100’ rated.
There’s also fine and casual dining at two clubhouses, a Golf Learning Academy, a member library, art classes, a community dock, even a social community for dogs. Send me more information about Colleton River!
Colleton River Plantation Real Estate
Over 300 homes and cottages have already been built at Colleton River Plantation and are occupied full- or part-time by members from around the world.
Choose from waterfront homes with deep-water docks on the Colleton River, homes adjacent to natural lagoons, homes overlooking the golf courses, or homes with views of the river and the ever-changing salt marshes. Several multi-unit cottages are also available for members and their guests.
Wooded homesites feature beautiful single-family homes with diverse architecture that blends gracefully into the elegance of the surrounding land. For more details and pricing, see the real estate section below. Send me more information about Colleton River!
- Homesites with golf, lagoon, marsh and water views
- Priced from $7,500 to $1 million+
- Luxury homes
- Priced from $475,000 to $2.4 million
- For non-resident members–or residents with extra guests–Colleton River Plantation Club offers eight individual and comfortable cottages that may be rented as a whole or in combination
- Send me more information about Colleton River!
For More Information, or to set up an appointment to see property, call Darle Booher, Carolina Realty Group, at 843-368-5549.
- Private, gated, member-owned golf course community
- 24-hour security, staffed guardhouse
- 18-hole, Nicklaus Signature golf course
- 18-hole, Pete Dye Signature golf course
- Par-3, “Augusta National-type” golf course
- Two practice range facilities with target greens
- 30,000 sf Jack Nicklaus Clubhouse
- Views overlooking the 4 finishing holes of the Nicklaus course and Colleton River
- Complete Fitness Center
- Pete Dye Clubhouse
- Golf shop, men’s and women’s attended locker rooms
- Lounge, mixed grill, library, formal dining room
- Large verandas overlooking golf and the Port Royal Sound
- Stan Smith-designed Tennis Center
- 5 Har-Tru courts, Pro shop, pavilion
- Junior Olympic-sized swimming pool and pool house
- 6,000 sf fitness center
- Cardio theatre, Technogym equipment
- Free weights, fitness classes
- Day spa
- Junior Olympic Swimming Pool and Aquatic Center
- 25-meter pool with five lap lanes
- Play area for children
- Open from Memorial Day to Labor Day
- Halfway Café
- Casual dining, coffee, pastries
- Conference and Tennis Center
- Meeting rooms for two to 20
- Corporate retreats customized to include a range of activities from golf to dinner cruises
- Community deepwater dock
- Access to the Intracoastal Waterway and Atlantic Ocean
- Multi-purpose fitness/nature paths, walking and biking trails
- Architectural Review Board to ensure quality assurance and excellence
- Send me more information about Colleton River!
Colleton River Plantation is a place of great natural beauty with towering live oaks, Lowcountry marshes, tidal creeks, lakes and magnificent views of the Colleton and Chechessee Rivers as they flow into Port Royal Sound.
South Carolina’s Lowcountry is known for its natural beauty, and Colleton River Plantation Club occupies one of the finest pieces of land in the area with 1,500 pristine acres surrounded on three sides by water with over seven miles of scenic shoreline.
Members enter the community through a 950-acre nature preserve that buffers Colleton River from the vibrant activities of Hilton Head Island and the town of Bluffton, just moments away. Send me more information about Colleton River!
Awards & Honors
- Selected as “Club of the Year,” by South Carolina Golf Association, 2010
- Named a Platinum Club of America, by Club Leaders Forum, 2009
- Ranked No. 9 on GolfCourseHome Network’s ‘Best of the Best’ list, 2008-2010
- Ranked No. 13 in the “Top 15 Residential Communities,” by Club Leaders Forum, 2009
- Platinum Club of America designation, 2006-2009
- Reader’s Choice Award – No. 15 in the “Top 50 Best Private Courses,” by GolfWorld Magazine, 2009
- Top 50 Courses in South Carolina: Dye & Nicklaus Course, South Carolina Golf Course Ratings Panel, 2008
- Ranked in “Top 100 Best Residential Golf Course in America,” by Golfweek magazine, 2006, 2007
- Named one of “America’s Top 100 Golf Communities,” by Travel+Leisure Golf magazine, 2006
Colleton River Plantation, Bluffton SC invites qualified potential members to try a Member Experience visit. The package includes two nights in a Colleton River Cottage and a round of golf on the Jack Nicklaus Course and the Pete Dye Course.
Visitors also receive lunch both days at the Nicklaus Clubhouse, Halfway Café or the Dye Clubhouse and unlimited use of the pool, tennis club, fitness facilities and the Borland Par-3 Course. A club tour and property tour is included in this visit for purchases considering property at Colleton River. Price begins at $499. Send me more information about Colleton River!
- Hilton Head Airport,18 minutes away
- Savannah International Airport, 45 minutes away
- Jacksonville International Airport, 2.5 hours away
- Atlanta International Airport, 4.3 hours away
- Hilton Head Island commuter flights