Situated in the heart of horse country, Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club is a 1,150-acre private, gated community with 24-hour security. Its championship 18-hole Ron Garl-designed golf course features eight professionally-recreated tribute holes modeling some of the world’s finest courses including Augusta, Royal Troon, Baltusrol, Muirfield and St. Andrews.
Golden Ocala Golf Clubhouse & More
The centerpiece of Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club is the 77,000-square-foot clubhouse, which offers full-service restaurants, banquet facilities, a golf shop and concierge services.
Horse owners will also love Golden Ocala’s on-site equestrian center and riding trails, as well as its close proximity to HITS on Highway 27. A 17,000-square-foot world-class spa, fitness club, tennis shop and resort-style pool round out the plentiful amenities.
Golden Ocala golf holes pay tribute to the best in the world.
Horse Capital of the World
Marion County is known as the Horse Capital of the World and home to many pristine natural areas, shopping and dining opportunities, museums, and performing arts venues. Ocala is less than an hour away from the quaint town of Micanopy, The University of Florida in Gainesville and the many exciting attractions of Orlando.
Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club is also less than a two hours’ drive to Florida beaches including those near historic St. Augustine, the oldest town in the United States and Daytona Beach. The major metropolitan areas of Tampa and Jacksonville are only about one-and-a-half hours away.
Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club offers homesites and an array of new home options, from maintenance-free golf homes to expansive custom estates. Homes at the community range in size from around 2,000 square feet to estates starting at 6,000 square feet and larger.
The community is still expanding, with the latest addition, Eagles Landing, offering six floor plans from 1,560 to 2,120 sf, including townhomes and single-family casitas from the $250,000s. For full details, see the Real Estate section below.
Golden Ocala offers homesites and an array of new home options, from maintenance-free golf homes to expansive custom estates. The homes range in size from around 2,000 square feet to estates starting at 6,000 square feet and larger.
Beautiful surroundings, amazing views and a host of amenities complement each and every home. The community is still expanding, with the latest addition, Eagles Landing, offering six floor plans from 1,560 to 2,120 sf, including townhomes and single-family casitas from the $250,000s.
These lake and wood view homes feature 2-car attached garages, free maintenance and customizable upgrades and décor.
- Townhomes, condos, villas from $250,000
- Homes, resales, patio homes, cottages from $350,000
- Private, gated country club community with 24-hour security
- 18-hole, par-72 golf course designed by Ron Garl
- Pro shop staffed with PGA certified professionals
- Practice complex and driving ranges
- 77,000-square-foot clubhouse
- Fine and casual dining
- Catering/banquet facilities
- 17,000-square-foot spa and fitness center
- Technogym exercise equipment
- Staff of personal trainers
- Full-service spa
- Salon services
- Aquatic center
- Resort-style pool
- Al fresco dining poolside
- Clay Hydro-Grid tennis courts
- Stadium court
- Tennis instruction and competitions
- Equestrian Center (in development)
- Barn with 14′ x 14′ stalls
- On-site manager’s office
- Miles of bridle trails
- Lush pastures and paddocks
- Climate-controlled tack room
- Trained stable staff
- Wedding receptions welcome: please inquire about available dates, facilities and services
Located in Marion County, an area proudly known as the Horse Capital of the World, Ocala has more than 70,000 acres of farms. Virtually every breed is represented and nearly every kind of competition or sale can be found here.
Ocala supports a thoroughbred breeding and training industry, a refined cultural community and lots of outdoor pursuits. It is home to the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders’ and Owners’ Association, Florida Horse Park, HITS Winter Circuit and Ocala Breeders’ Sales
The city supports a diverse cultural community. Ocala can lay claim to numerous galleries and museums including The Appleton Museum of Art, Brick City Center for the Arts, Florida Thoroughbred Breeders’ and Owners’ Association Gallery, Webber Center Gallery and the Austin Carriage Museum.
The performing arts are represented by the Central Florida Community College Theatre, Central Florida Symphony, Ocala Civic Theatre and the Improv at the Brick City Center for the Arts. Symphony Under the Stars has become a Mother’s Day tradition.
Ocala’s most famous outdoor attraction is Silver Springs, Nature’s Theme Park. Families have long enjoyed this fine park and its glass bottom boats.
Besides The Ocala National Forest, Ocala has 41 parks with hiking and biking trails, camping, boating and fishing
Awards & Honors
- Voted Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club ‘Best Golf Course’ (Best Place to Get Tee’d Off), by Ocala Magazine, 2013
- Named a Community of Distinction by GolfCourseHome Network’s ‘Best of the Best’ list, 2009, 2010
- Selected to the GCH Dream 18, Hole No. 12, by GolfCourseHome Network, 2010
- Hole No. 4 named to the GolfCourseHome Dream 18, 2009
- Golf course named one of America’s Top 100 Residential Golf Courses by Golfweek, 2004 – 2007
- Named the “Best Replica Course in the U.S.” by Travel + Leisure Golf, 2004
- Named to Best in State of Florida list by Golf Digest, 2007
Stay & Play Package
Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club, Ocala FL invites winter visitors to Stay and Play in a luxury residence enjoying amenity specials designed exclusively for Play and Stay guests. Accommodations are now offered at 10 percent discounts on regular rental rate.
Minimum stay is two nights. Amenity deals include equestrian riding lessons at $40 per hour, rounds of golf at $90 and private golf lessons with John Elliot Jr. at $180 per hour. A junior lesson is just $130 and golf clinics are $20 per person. Send me more information about Golden Ocala!