Governor’s Land at Two Rivers is a private golf and waterfront community in Williamsburg, VA, where it has remained the only private golf course community in the area for over 20 years.
Located at the confluence of the James and Chickahominy Rivers seven miles west of Colonial Williamsburg, Governor’s Land at Two Rivers features 650 single-family homesites. Send me more information about Governor’s Land!
The community stretches out over 1,482 expansive acres and provides its residents with many world-class amenities headed by a Tom Fazio, 18-hole, championship golf course.
Other amenities include swimming pools, fitness center, tennis, pickleball, walking trails, marina, private beach and a 200-acre nature preserve. Send me more information about Governor’s Land!
Private Golf Club
The clubhouse features full-service dining and much more.
Governor’s Land at Two Rivers residents enjoy membership in the private Two Rivers Country Club. Located within the community, the club features an outstanding Tom Fazio golf course.
Full-service dining, protected marina and a full schedule of social and athletic activities and events all add to the complete club experience.
The neighborhoods of Governor’s Land at Two Rivers are intertwined with water, forest, meadows and protected wetlands. And throughout it all flows the golf course, creating contrasting patterns of natural and man-made beauty.
Approximately 70 percent of the community will remain open land forever. Send me more information about Governor’s Land!
Two Rivers Harbor & Marina Village
The Marina Village provides safe harbor and bay & river access.
The Two Rivers Harbor & Marina Village is perfect for setting sail for a day filled with fishing, swimming, boating, and skiing the James and Chickahominy rivers and the Chesapeake Bay.
Everything boaters need is available, including a fueling station, terrace, and harbor house with office, shop, showers, and bathrooms. When you return home, dock your boat in your private, protected marina complete with electricity, water and dock box.
Resale golf course, riverfront and river-view properties are available. For details and pricing, see the real estate section below. Send me more information about Governor’s Land!
- Members manage the homeowners association and the country club
- Home prices start at $750,000
- Lots from $165,000
- Golf course, riverfront and river-view properties are available
- Call for an up-to-date summary of the current listings
For more information or to set up a visit to the community, call Ellen Smith Gadja at 757-903-0450, or, click here: Send me more information about Governor’s Land!
Tom Fazio designed the challenging Two Rivers course.
Designed by the three-time Golf Architect of the Year Tom Fazio, the golf course at Two Rivers is sculpted to take advantage of the natural contours and beauty of the waterfront, the ravines, the woodlands and the tidal marshlands.
Golf Digest rates it as one of Virginia’s Top Ten courses. It offers an enjoyable challenge for golfers of every level of skill. Over four miles of riverfront border the property’s gently rolling acres, forming a peninsula where the 18th, 17th and 16th holes and the marina meet the river. Send me more information about Governor’s Land!
- Private, gated golf and waterfront community
- Two Rivers Country Club
- Private and family oriented
- 18-hole golf course designed by Tom Fazio
- Popular junior golf program
- Golf camps, tournaments, special instruction
- Formal and informal competitions
- Full-service dining
- Protected, full-service marina
- Full schedule of social and athletic activities and events
- Two swimming pools
- Fitness center
- 4 new pickleball courts
- 10 tennis courts
- 6 superb clay courts & 4 hard courts
- Pro shop and outstanding tennis professional
- Seven miles of walking trails
- Private beach
- Two-hundred acre nature preserve
- Seven miles west of Colonial Williamsburg
- Send me more information about Governor’s Land!
The Governor’s Palace at Colonial Williamsburg.
Governor’s Land and Two Rivers Country Club are located just seven miles northwest of Colonial Williamsburg and are in close driving distance of major cities, airports, the Atlantic Ocean beaches to the East and the mountains to the West.
Driving time to either Richmond (to the northwest) or Norfolk (to the southeast) is one-hour. Washington, DC is just under a three-hour drive.
Residents and visitors are serviced by Amtrak running north and south from Williamsburg and the Richmond, Norfolk and Newport News airports. Send me more information about Governor’s Land!
Located just 10 miles away, Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center provides a 24-bed emergency department and an extensive range of modern health care services at a new 145-bed hospital.
The property is also convenient to the Riverside Regional Medical Center, a comprehensive 570-bed teaching hospital in Newport News, about 30 minutes away. Send me more information about Governor’s Land!
Beach, Mountains & More
Just over an hour to the east is Virginia Beach. Its 28 miles of white sand and exciting resort lifestyle make it the perfect getaway. Right next door is beautiful Norfolk By The Sea, a delightful city that’s home to the Virginia Opera and the grand Chrysler Museum.
For a change of pace, head just 45 minutes west to Richmond, Virginia’s capital and center of banking and commerce. This lively city is home to well over a dozen Fortune 500 companies and the world-renowned Medical College of Virginia.
Two hours west of Richmond you’ll find the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, where the Skyline Drive is the place to be when autumn leaves start to turn. Or head north to Washington, D.C. just 2.5 hours away. Send me more information about Governor’s Land!
Awards & Honors
- One of the Top 10 Marina Communities in the United States, LINKS Magazine
- Two Rivers Country Club Voted “Best in Virginia,” Virginia Living Magazine
- Best Golf Course: First Place, Virginia Living Magazine
- Best Special Event Venue: Second Place, Virginia Living Magazine
- Best Tennis Facility: Third Place, Virginia Living Magazine
- Two Rivers Country Club Voted One of Top 10 in Virginia, Golf Digest
- Voted ‘Best’ for On-Site Managed, Large-Scale, HOA for Management Practices, Governance & Financial Strength, by Southeastern Virginia Community Association Institute
- Send me more information about Governor’s Land!
Play tennis and pickleball on your Discovery visit.
A Discovery Visit is available with a one-night accommodation at Wedmore Place, which is located at Williamsburg Winery.
Explore homes with an area REALTOR®.
Take a personal tour of Two Rivers Country Club and enjoy dinner for two at Osprey Grille, which overlooks James River. Golf, tennis and/or pickleball are also available during the Visit. Send me more information about the Governor’s Land Discovery Visit!
The Governor’s Land membership/residents are a diverse, active community consisting of approximately 1/3 families, 1/3 working couples and 1/3 retirees.
Levels of membership are available from social to golf to marina.
- Social memberships include dining privileges at The River Room and Osprey Grille, as well as access to all club and recreational amenities except golf.
- Golf membership provides unlimited use of the 18-hole Tom Fazio championship and practice facility as well as all the club amenities.
- Marina memberships are an add-on to the overall equity membership. Monthly dues vary and there is a Governor’s Land initiation fee.
All residents are members of the Two Rivers Country Club. The difference is level of membership. Send me more information about Governor’s Land!
- Richmond International (45 minutes, 1 hour)
- Newport News – Williamsburg (30 miles, 35 minutes)
- Norfolk International (65 miles, 1 hour, 30 minutes)
- By Train: Amtrak station is 25 minutes away in Williamsburg