Hilton Head Plantation is a private, gated community on the north end of Hilton Head Island featuring 4,000 sprawling acres, beaches and more. Convenient to shopping, dining, golfing and many other amenities, the community offers four championship golf courses which provide a full range of membership options and the best in country club living.
Tennis and boating are also favorite pastimes for Hilton Head Plantation residents. A wide range of activities and amenities combined with low annual fees, make this established community especially attractive to second-home owners and primary residents alike. Send me more about Hilton Head Plantation!
Two miles of sandy beach offer plenty of room to stretch out on.
Unspoiled Natural Beauty
With more than 4,000 acres and two nature conservancies, Hilton Head Plantation is Hilton Head’s second-largest planned community. Sheltered between Port Royal Sound and the U.S. Intracoastal Waterway, the plantation offers two miles of sandy beaches on Port Royal Sound, and a marina to charter a boat or dock one of your own.
Residents enjoy six miles of biking and jogging trails, central recreational facility, waterfront playground, four-star restaurant, community swimming pool, common gardening area, 12 tennis courts, plus four 18-hole golf courses. Close to schools and shopping. Send me more about Hilton Head Plantation!
Hilton Head Plantation Real Estate
After years of planning and development, Hilton Head Plantation has evolved into a rich blend of diverse neighborhoods. While club activities and recreational opportunities abound, neighborhoods within the plantation provide an additional source of friendship, recreation and community.
Each neighborhood within Hilton Head Plantation is as unique as the plantation itself. Options include waterfront homes and villas, single-family homes with golf course or lagoon views and homes clustered within wooded settings.
While amenities vary from one neighborhood to the next, all are within biking distance to a pool or a clubhouse via the intricate system of biking and jogging trails throughout the plantation. For details and pricing, see the real estate section below. Send me more about Hilton Head Plantation!
- Estate & Residential Homes, Patio Homes, Condominiums
- Priced from $175,000 for condos to approx. $4 million for estate homes
- Lot prices from $99,000 to $1.5 million
- Views of golf, lagoon, lake, wooded, saltwater marsh, Port Royal Sound
- Send me more about Hilton Head Plantation!
While residential areas are gated and private, there is public access into the plantation that allows locals and tourists to visit restaurants, golf courses, and other public facilities.
- Private, gated, golf course community
- 24/7 professional security service
- Multiple parks
- Four golf courses are located within the community
- Dolphin Head Golf Club, member owned and operated
- Bear Creek Golf Club, member owned and operated
- Oyster Reef Golf Club, semi-private
- Country Club of Hilton Head, semi-private
- CCHH has tennis, a new fitness center, indoor and outdoor pool
- Dolphin Head Recreation Area
- Two miles of walking beach at Dolphin Head
- Park, playground & pavilion
- Spring Lake Pavilion
- Surrey Lane Ball Fields
- Spring Lake Pool complex
- Lake and lagoon system, stocked for fishing
- Two separate nature conservancies
- Spring Lake Tennis Center with 12 Har-Tru tennis courts
- Full-service Skull Creek Marina on the Intracoastal Waterway
- Provides access to Port Royal Sound and Atlantic Ocean
- Facilities include a boat yard and fuel service
- 158 boat slips
- Available for rent or purchase
- Can accommodate up to 200-ft boats
- Two bocce ball courts and three shuffleboard courts
- Plantation House
- Dining at Old Fort Pub and many nearby restaurants ranging from casual to fine dining
- 30 different activity clubs
- Kids Kamp Program, held each summer for children of the Plantation in grades K-8
- Send me more about Hilton Head Plantation!
Hilton Head Island has nurtured and protected its lush environment, allowing visitors to view bottlenose dolphins at play, catch glimpses of loggerhead sea turtles, walk or horseback through forest preserves where families of deer are grazing, or watch seabirds over a sandy shore.
Bluffton and Hilton Head offer a variety of unique shops and some of the nation’s most recognized retail chains. From chic boutiques to exclusive outlet stores, Hilton Head Island offers fashionable, fine-quality products in a fun and casual atmosphere.
Sports & Entertainment
Hilton Head entertainment consists of the world-class Arts Center of Coastal Carolina that brings Broadway-caliber performances to the stage; two local Hilton Head art leagues and the much celebrated Hilton Head Symphony Orchestra.
Several annual events bring visitors from all parts of the world to the Island. The International Piano Competition, The Concours D’Elegance Car Show, and the Verizon Heritage Golf Tournament are weeklong activities that provide residents unique opportunities to participate in world class programs. Send me more about Hilton Head Plantation!
- Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV), 50-60 minutes
- Hilton Head Regional Airport (HHH), 10-15 minutes