Praised for its elegant country club lifestyle and traditional neighborhoods, Ocean Ridge is awash in fresh breezes from the Atlantic and the Intracoastal Waterway.
Lush landscapes, manicured fairways, protected woodlands, tranquil lakes and miles of scenic trails are the backdrop for a life here among good friends and caring neighbors. Send me more information about Ocean Ridge Plantation!
Near Sunset Beach & Wilmington
Ocean Ridge enjoys fresh breezes from the Atlantic & the ICW.
The community lies within minutes of beautiful Sunset Beach and midway between the historic charm of Wilmington, NC, and the many attractions of Myrtle Beach, SC.
Residents here select from four championship golf courses—the famed Big Cats quartet of Lion’s Paw, Panther’s Run, Tiger’s Eye and Leopard’s Chase.
This storied golf portfolio is known for exciting elevation changes, diverse fairways, sloping greens and first-class turf conditions. Send me more information about Ocean Ridge Plantation!
Private Oceanfront Beach Club
The oceanfront Beach Club offers dressing rooms & more.
The community’s private oceanfront Beach Club features coveted private parking and exclusive access to showers, dressing areas, bathrooms, and a well-appointed kitchenette.
Ocean Ridge owners and their guests enjoy an open floor plan that includes spacious oceanfront decks on the club’s second and third floors.
The Plantation Club, which is for the private use of residents, includes soft-surface tennis courts, heated indoor and outdoor swimming pools plus a barbecue grilling area.
A well-appointed Members’ Lounge within the club is an ideal setting for property owners to gather with old friends and meet new ones.
After a satisfying game of tennis or golf, you can swim or just relax poolside, enjoy a soothing sauna, or plan your workout in the fitness center on state-of-the-art equipment.
The outdoor pool’s dramatic setting alongside a four-acre fishing lake adds a sense of peace and serenity. Send me more information about Ocean Ridge Plantation!
Ocean Ridge Plantation Gardens
Property owners till irrigated garden plots.
Rich woodlands dotted with rare native orchids surround the plantation, and within the community are more than 300 acres of nature preserve.
Once flourishing farmland, a restored 1830s farmhouse is the focal point of the Plantation Gardens, featuring tilled and irrigated garden plots for the exclusive enjoyment of property owners.
Each owner receives the opportunity to grow their own herbs, vegetables, and flowers. The breathtaking beauty of this garden is hard to miss. Send me more information about Ocean Ridge Plantation!
Homes have golf, lake, preserve and woodland views.
- Residential properties have views of golf, lake, preserve and woodland
- Homes/Resales/Patio Homes/Cottages starting at $375,000
- Lots, starting at $20,000
- No time restriction to build
- Send me more information about Ocean Ridge Plantation!
Seventy-two holes of championship golf await you.
- Gated, resort community on the North Carolina oceanfront
- Four, award-winning, 18-hole golf courses
- Golf clubhouses w/ restaurants
- Oceanfront beach club
- Fitness and tennis
- Indoor and outdoor swimming pools
- Nature parks and pavilion
- Walking and nature trails
- 100 social clubs
- Plantation Club built on a four-acre fishing lake
- Lighted soft-surface tennis courts
- Heated indoor and outdoor swimming pools
- Soothing sauna
- Well-appointed Members’ Lounge
- Plantation Gardens 300-acre preserve
- Restored 1830s farmhouse
- Tilled and irrigated garden plots for property owners
- Send me more information about Ocean Ridge Plantation!
Sunset Beach & the community Beach Club are nearby.
Ocean Ridge is located within minutes of beautiful Sunset Beach, nestled between the historic charm of Wilmington, NC, and the excitement of Myrtle Beach, SC. The desirable coastal lifestyle of southeastern North Carolina features small-town charm and modern city luxuries.
Voted the No. 1 barrier island in North Carolina by Duke University researchers and named “One of The Best Beaches in The World” by National Geographic magazine, this top destination for beachgoers is just three minutes away from the Ocean Ridge community.
The unique south-facing direction of Sunset Beach affords both subtle and significant benefits, including tides much more clement than what’s found on a traditional east-facing coastline.
Likewise, the island is better positioned for the warming effects of the Gulf Stream. Send me more information about Ocean Ridge Plantation!
The Port City of Wilmington
Just 45 minutes north lies the 250-year-old port city of Wilmington. This is a beautiful “walking city” where you can stroll down lovely streets lined with 18th and 19th century homes and enjoy the meandering waters of the Cape Fear River.
Unlike most towns its size, Wilmington sustains a flourishing artistic community. In addition to having its own symphony orchestra, opera, and ballet company, the city is home to many active theatrical venues, art galleries, and film-making studios. Send me more information about Ocean Ridge Plantation!
Myrtle Beach’s “Grand Strand”
Just 25 minutes south you’ll find the excitement of Myrtle Beach’s famous “Grand Strand.”
Here you can enjoy a variety of musical entertainment and shows, great restaurants, boundless shopping, amusement parks and excellent medical facilities. It’s also where you’ll find more than 100 golf courses.
60 miles of beaches, Parks & More
Myrtle Beach attracts visitors from around the world each year to its 60 miles of beaches, an aquarium attraction, amusement parks, nightclubs, fine restaurants and international airport. It is also home to the largest shopping mall in South Carolina.
A thriving live theater industry includes the Alabama Theater, Dolly Parton’s Pirates Voyage, the Carolina Opry, and House of Blues. Send me more information about Ocean Ridge Plantation!
Awards & Honors
- Named one of the “Top 100 Communities in America” by Where to Retire Magazine
- Leopard’s Chase named one of the “10 Best New Public Golf Courses in America” by Golf Digest, 2008
- Leopard’s Chase named on the “Best 10 New Courses You Can Play” by GOLF Magazine, 2008
- Tiger’s Eye Golf Links ranked No. 3 in the “Top Ten Nation’s Favorites” by Golf Travel Annual, 2006
- Tiger’s Eye ranked No. 41 on “Top 100 Public Golf Courses in U.S.” by Golf Digest
- Tiger’s Eye ranked No. 6 public course in North Carolina by Golf Digest
- Panther’s Run named a “Top 100 Fairways” in the U.S. by Golf for Women magazine
- Panther’s Run nominated for “Best New Courses” by Golf Digest
- Lion’s Paw awarded a 4 Star rating by Golf Digest
Relax and get to know Ocean Ridge Plantation.
Take advantage of specially priced accommodations and join one of the community experts to get a firsthand glimpse of the wonderful lifestyle offered by Ocean Ridge Plantation.
Visitors may enjoy 3 days/2 nights’ accommodations* for just $99.
Call Darren Bouley for more information at 800-975-6024. Send me more information about Ocean Ridge Plantation!
*Restrictions apply. Call for more details. Seasonal rates apply.
- Myrtle Beach International Airport, 45 minutes away
- Wilmington International Airport, 45 minutes away