Ideally located along the pristine coast of Sunset Beach, North Carolina, the acclaimed Sea Trail Plantation community has been a four-season fun spot serving families and visitors for 20-plus years.
With a plethora of real estate options and a classic resort setting, the community attracts full-time residents and those in search of a weekend getaway.
It’s an alluring combination of setting, activity and aesthetic character that’s found in few other places. Send me more information about Sea Trail!
54 Award-Winning Golf Holes
Choose to play on three championship layouts.
The community’s trio of highly playable championship courses pay tribute to the noted architects who designed them.
The Willard Byrd course at Sea Trail builds its strategic challenge on forbidding tree lines, lakes that range from 14 to 20 acres in size and a deceptive greenside bunkering system.
The Rees Jones Course is a straightforward layout featuring mounded fairways bordered by scenic lakes and towering trees. This championship layout measures 6,761 yards from the blue tees.
The Ellis Maples Course is a traditional Southern design, framed by twisted ancient oaks and tall Carolina pines. Five holes that wind along the scenic Calabash Creek, with elaborate landscaping and undulating greens. Send me more information about Sea Trail!
An Allure Beyond Golf
Swim, play tennis, go to the beach, bike, get fit and more.
The allure of Sea Trail Plantation extends far beyond the golf lifestyle.
Many residents are attracted to the community because of its close proximity to Sunset Beach, one of most picturesque and enjoyable barrier beaches in all of North Carolina.
Long, warm days spent enjoying the beach’s white-sugar sands and uncrowded atmosphere create wonderful memories.
Coupled with Sea Trail Plantation’s resort-like amenities, this corner of the world appeals to a broad range of interests. Send me more information about Sea Trail!
Sea Trail Plantation Activities & Opportunities
Play tennis in lush surroundings.
The community’s numerous recreational offerings include indoor and outdoor swimming pools, fitness center and walking and biking trails.
Activities include tennis and pickleball, fishing ponds and a weekly schedule of organized activities for all interests.
The real estate opportunities are just as attractive. Further enhancing the lifestyle here is easy access to in-demand services and resources.
Shopping and entertainment are close by, as are fine-dining restaurants, casual eateries, health care and emergency services, plus air transportation to U.S. and foreign destinations. Send me more information about Sea Trail!
Choose from a select range of real estate options.
- Homes, Patio homes, Townhomes, Villas and homesites available
- Residences have views of golf, lake, river, marsh, woodland and preserve
- Townhomes, Condos, Villas start at $150,000
- Homes, Patio Homes, Cottages start at $300,000
- Homesites are priced from $40,000
- No time restriction to build on homesites
- Send me more information about Sea Trail!
Three courses and two clubhouses head the amenities list.
- Three 18-hole championship golf courses
- Practice green for chipping, pitching, bunker practice
- Two practice putting greens
- Personalized instruction from Sea Trail professionals
- Group clinics, junior clinics and private instruction
- PGA-sanctioned Golf Learning Center
- Special golf school packages
- Private parking area on Sunset Beach
- Two full-service clubhouses w/ restaurant, snack bars, lounge
- Two private owner’s swim & fitness centers w/ pools, whirlpools, sauna
- Fitness studio w/ yoga, Pilates and exercise classes
- Lighted tennis courts
- Pickleball courts
- Private owners’ library
- Many clubs & organizations
- Horseshoe pit
- Bocce ball court
- Outdoor grilling
- Community chapel
- Community gardening center
- Send me more information about Sea Trail!
Sunset Beach, NC, uncrowded, white-sand beaches
Sunset Beach is conveniently located between historic Wilmington, North Carolina and exciting Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
The white-sugar sand and calming coastal breezes offer visitors and residents relaxation, gorgeous vistas, and a myriad of land and water activities.
Considered by many to be the crown jewel of the North Carolina coastline, Sunset Beach attracts families from all over the country with its uncrowded beaches and enchanting small-town coastal charm.
The agreeable ocean temperatures attract surfers, sunbathers, scuba divers and water enthusiasts from all over. Send me more information about Sea Trail!
A Network of Waterways
The ocean, Intracoastal Waterway, and the network of rivers and tributaries teaming with wildlife offer excellent fishing, kayaking, and boating to adventurous and active visitors.
Take a boat or hire a charter and fish for mackerel or tuna. Paddle up the winding and serene waters of the Shallotte River, or bird watch for Egret on Bird Island.
Beaches & More
There is more to Sunset Beach than just beaches. Restaurants, historic sites and museums in the region appeal to a variety of interests and tastes.
A 25-minute drive will bring you to the heart of Myrtle Beach and its endless variety of kid-friendly activities, including the Ripley Aquarium, Wonderworks and The BigD, the Carolinas’ largest 2D and 3D theatre. Send me more information about Sea Trail!
Awards & Honors
- Named a Top 100 Best Courses in Myrtle Beach 2004-2009, in North Carolina, 2006, by Golf Digest
- Rated Four Stars, Dan Maples, Rees Jones and Willard Byrd Golf Courses, by Golf Digest
- Named to ’60 Favorites of Myrtle Beach,’ 2009, by Golf Digest
- Named a ‘Top 20 Best Courses in North Carolina,’ Rees Jones Golf Course, 2008, by GOLF Magazine
- Named ‘Best Conditioned Course,’ (Maples ranked No. 5 in Coastal Region), 2005, by NC Magazine
- Named ‘Best Courses to Walk,’ (Maples ranked No. 4 in Coastal Region), 2005, by NC Magazine
- Named ‘Best Short Par 4s,’ (Jones Hole No. 10 ranked No. 3 in Coastal Region), 2005, by NC Magazine
- Named ‘Top 10 Along the N.C. Coast,’ Jones Course, 2006, by Business N.C.
- Named ‘Top 100 Along the N.C. Coast,’ Maples Course, 2006, by Business N.C.
- Named ‘Best Resort Courses of Distinction,’ 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, by Golfweek
- Named ‘Best Residential Courses of Distinction,’ 2006, 2007, by Golfweek
- Named ‘Best Resort Courses of Distinction, 2009, by Golfweek
- U.S. Open Qualifier Course, Jones Course, 2006
- Named ‘America’s Best for,’ 2007/2008, 2008/2009, by Zagat’s Survey
- Named ‘Top 100 Golf Courses Along the Coast,’ 2008, by North Carolina Golf Panel
Discover Sea Trail
Take advantage of specially priced accommodations and join one of Sea Trail’s community experts to get a first-hand glimpse of the lifestyle offered by this resort community.
Stay for 3 days/2 nights and enjoy accommodations for just $99 per night*. Send me more information about Sea Trail!
* Restrictions apply. Call for more details. Seasonal rates apply.
- Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR), 45 minutes
- Wilmington International Airport (ILM), 45 minutes