Sun City Riverbend is an upscale waterfront community within the greater development of Sun City Hilton Head devoted to residents 55 and over.
Known for excellent golf and classic Lowcountry scenery, Sun City Hilton Head offers a stimulating lifestyle of recreation and socializing. The Sun City Riverbend enclave has its own private gated entrance and a distinct feeling of luxury and security. Send me more information about Riverbend!
54 Holes of Championship Golf
There are three 18-hole championship golf courses within the 5,600 acres of Sun City Hilton Head. The Okatie Creek Golf Club and Hidden Cypress Golf Club were designed by PGA Tour veteran Mark McCumber.
The courses offer lush greens and extensive waterways that provide an exciting and memorable round of golf for both experts and beginners. The newest 18-holer–Argent Lakes executive course–is also available for golf enthusiasts. Send me more information about Riverbend!
45-Acre Amenity Campus
A 45-acre Village Center at the heart of the Sun City Hilton Head boasts an amenity campus that’s unsurpassed.
The Town Square is anchored at one end by The Pinckney Social Hall, a 17,000 square-foot venue with a ballroom. The Town Square hosts lectures, workshops, dances and concerts.
At the other end of the square is The Purrysburg Fitness Center. Here you’ll find a state-of-the-art fitness facility, indoor and outdoor pools and cushioned-floor aerobics studio.
The Yemassee Crafts Center building is also located on the square and includes studios for ceramics, arts and crafts, sewing and photography. Send me more information about Riverbend!
Sun City Riverbend: Culture & More
Residents have access to a full complement of local and visiting culture events at Magnolia Hall—a 16,000-square-foot performing arts center. Featuring stadium-style seating for 540 people, it plays host to a variety of theatrical performances, lectures and concerts.
The Hidden Cypress Fitness Center is a workout facility that overlooks the beautiful Hidden Cypress Golf Course. It includes a state-of-the-art fitness center, meeting rooms, outdoor pool and restaurant. There is also a large woodworking shop with an area for model railroad enthusiasts. Send me more information about Riverbend!
Tennis, Pickleball, Bocce
Construction of the final amenity center was completed in 2012. This new state-of-the-art venue has an indoor and outdoor pool, and more bocce ball, tennis and pickleball courts.
The grounds are an active adult playground adorned with 12 Har-Tru tennis courts, a softball field, pickleball and bocce ball courts, a dog park and outdoor party pavilion.
On the Water
Water activists have a place of their own as well. Lake Somerset is a 20-acre fishing lake set within Sun City Hilton Head that offers great catch and release fishing.
The lake provides gorgeous views and remote controlled sailboats are a common site. Elevated boardwalks and miles of walking and biking trails meander through acres of oaks, pines and wetlands. Send me more information about Riverbend!
- Gated Riverbend enclave within Sun City Hilton Head
- Homes offers views of
- Golf, preserve, woodland
- Lagoon, river, marsh
- Homes, lots, patio homes, villas, townhomes all available
- Prices in Riverbend range from $400,000 to $900,000
- Send me more information about Riverbend!
For More Information, or to set up an appointment to see property, call Darle Booher, Raveis Real Estate – Carolinas LLC, at 843-368-5549.
- Gated enclave of Riverbend lies within 5,600-acre Sun City Hilton Head, also gated
- Security patrols 24/7
- Two championship 18-hole courses and an 18-hole executive course
- Golf practice facilities and pro shops
- Two clubhouses with fine and casual dining
- Full-time Lifestyle Director to help plan special events and activities.
- Three Fitness Centers
- Strength training and cardio equipment
- Cushioned aerobics and dance studio
- Hot tub and on-site therapy spa
- Three large amenity complexes
- Table tennis, billiards and game rooms
- Bocce and pickleball courts
- Softball field, volleyball, croquet and clay tennis courts
- Lake Somerset, a 20-acre lake offering catch and release fishing
- Four outdoor resort-style pools, plus two indoor heated lap pools
- Yemassee Crafts Center
- Studios for ceramics, sewing, photography, woodworking, and stained glass
- Gathering space for craft clubs and events
- Lakeside pavilion, children’s playground, dog park, and community gardening plots
- Biking and hiking trails weave throughout the property
- Several hospitals and care centers are in the area
- Send me more information about Riverbend!
Since 1995, Sun City Hilton Head has been one of the most acclaimed active-adult communities in the country. It is nestled in the semi-tropical low country of South Carolina where unspoiled sea marshes meet tall pines and ancient oaks.
The mild marine climate has a yearly average temperature in the 70s that makes outdoor activity comfortable throughout the year. Send me more information about Riverbend!
Riverbend: A Rich Lowcountry Life
Sun City Riverbend is located in the historic Lowcountry town of Bluffton, SC, just a dozen miles west of world-famous Hilton Head Island. The area is renowned for great beaches, famous golf courses and unique boutiques.
The Okatie Center, a 268-acre shopping and commercial center adjacent to Sun City, is accessible via golf cart. It includes banks, hotels, restaurants, a grocery store and more.
Several miles away, Berkeley Place is home to the Cinemark Theater and great shopping and dining outlets. And, of course, Hilton Head Island itself along with the surrounding area features many cultural and recreational attractions. Send me more information about Riverbend!
Awards & Honors
- Okatie Creek Golf Club named “Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary,” 2005, re-certified, 2017
- Hidden Cypress Golf Club named “Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary,” 2005, re-certified, 2017
- Savannah—Hilton Head International Airport, 30 minutes away