Colonial Heritage is Williamsburg’s only gated golf community for adults 55 and up. It is rated as a “Top 50 Best Master-Planned Community in the U.S.,” by Where to Retire Magazine. World-class amenities include an Arthur Hills championship golf course, 25,000-sf clubhouse, complete fitness center with tennis and swimming and more.
Residents have a scenic and sporty Arthur Hills championship golf course waiting outside their door. This 170-acre pearl, opened in 2006, winds its way through the neighborhoods of Colonial Heritage offering prime views of its well-groomed fairways.
Clubhouse & Clubs
The smartly designed Heritage Clubhouse is a hub of recreational, social and cultural activities for residents. Hobby and special interest clubs will meet in this impressive, 25,000-sf facility.
Nearby is the community’s 7,500-sf Athletic Club. It’s loaded with exercise options, from water aerobics in the indoor pool to a stimulating workout at the Fitness Center. Afterward there is shaded space for reading and relaxing by the outdoor pool.
Colonial Williamsburg Nearby
With its mild, four-season climate and friendly atmosphere, Colonial Heritage and its locale rank among the most desirable places for active adults on the East Coast.
Colonial Heritage is located minutes from the historic charm of Colonial Williamsburg and is close to great shopping, excellent healthcare facilities and the cultural opportunities of College of William & Mary and other landmark institutions.
Prices for real estate at Colonial Heritage start at $225,000. See the real estate section below for details, options and complete pricing.
- Prices for real estate range from $225,000 to $450,000
- Low-maintenance homes
- Spacious first-floor master suites
- Open floor plans ideal for entertaining
- Some homes have walk-out basements
- The Model Home Park showcases four decorated models
- Resales as well as new construction available
- Condominiums, townhomes range from $225,000 to $450,000
- Single-family homes range from $300,000 to $450,000
- New construction including lot from $400,000
For more information, contact Caroline Remillard, Virginia Capital Realty, at 757-713-0196.
- Private, gated, 55+ active adult community
- 18-hole, par 72 golf course at 6,889 yards by Arthur Hills
- Pro shop staffed with PGA certified professionals
- Golf practice range, putting and chipping greens
- 25,000-sf clubhouse
- Grand ballroom, fine and casual dining
- Lounge, card room, billiard room
- Library with computer stations
- Woodworking shop, arts & crafts room
- Full-time activities director
- Fitness Center
- Men’s and women’s locker rooms
- Aerobics rooms, pro shop
- Indoor and outdoor swimming pools
- Lawn sports, tennis courts
Ten minutes from the gatehouse at Colonial Heritage stands the birthplace of America–colonial Williamsburg–where scores of historic homes and shops stand open as they did more than 300 years ago.
Resorts & Culture
Virginia Beach is an hour to the east with its 28 miles of white sand and exciting resort lifestyle. Right next door is beautiful Norfolk By The Sea, home to the Virginia Opera, McArthur Center and the grand Chrysler Museum.
Some 45 minutes west is historic Richmond, the state capital and home to the world-renowned Medical College of Virginia and the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. Continue beyond Richmond to reach the Blue Ridge Mountains and breathtaking Skyline Drive.
Awards & Honors
- Named a “Top 50 Best Master-Planned Community in the U.S.,” by Where to Retire, 2011
- Named “Community of the Year” by the Peninsula Housing & Builders Association, 2004
- Named one of the “Best Overall Communities in America” by the National Association of Homebuilders
- Williamsburg-Newport News International, 25 minutes away
- Richmond International Airport, 45 minutes away
- Norfolk International Airport, 60 minutes away