Stonehouse is a semi-private, golf club community stretched out over 5,700 wooded, rolling acres of Virginia countryside in Toano,VA, just 10 miles from Williamsburg. Nearly half of the acreage will remain undeveloped with many miles devoted to hiking and biking trails.
The array of amenities at Stonehouse begins with the Mike Stranz golf course. The course features steep bluffs and ridges, ravines and streams and tree-lined fairways.
Challenging Golf & More
The Traditions Golf Course of Stonehouse challenge golfers of all levels, with slopes of 140 degrees and a course rating of 75.0 from the blue markers. The course measures 6,963 yards to a par 72.
Other popular Stonehouse pastimes are fishing or canoeing at Mill Pond, and playing tennis or swimming at the Sports Center. Residents actively follow their own varied interests in antiquing, art, bird-watching, classic cars, computers, gardening, history, music, reading books, travel and more.
Homes at Stonehouse
Homes at Stonehouse reflect the influence of their Williamsburg setting, which is rich in history and tradition, and are well-sited to take advantage of exciting views of the course and countryside.
The Stonehouse community offers a range of styles from golf villas to million-dollar estate homes.
Every home has a spacious interior floor plan and architectural details that facilitate a comfortable lifestyle. Whether casual or elegant, all homes at Stonehouse conform to guidelines ensuring high building standards that help protect home values.
Builders participating in the Stonehouse Signature Builders Program are screened to maintain high standards of architecture and craftsmanship. See the real estate section below for details and pricing.
- Richardson’s Mill
- Some lots offer spectacular views of Richardson’s Mill Pond
- Neighborhood amenities include a 30-acre pond and a park complex with a picnic pavilion and canoe dock
- Some new construction homes are still priced under $400,000
- Re-sale homes range from $295,000 & up
- For more information, call Susan Krancer, Liz Moore & Associates, 1-757-784-0363
Providing a further sense of comfort, Stonehouse is a development of Dominion Land Management Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Dominion Resources, a Fortune 500 company. Recognized builders at Stonehouse include: Charles Ross, Curtis-Davis, Michael Brown, Pritchard & Company, Tommy Louke, Atlantic Homes, GCR, Inc., and P.F. Summers.
- Traditions of Stonehouse golf course, designed by Mike Stranz
- Golf course is managed by The Tradition Golf Clubs
- More than 2,500 acres set aside for hiking and biking trails
- Fishing, canoeing
- Sports Center
- Swimming pool and more
The Stonehouse community has a prime location for history buffs. Located on 5,700 wooded acres, it is close by Colonial Williamsburg, historic Jamestown and Yorktown. Furthermore, it’s surrounded by a venerable who’s-who of memorable natural landscapes such as the Blue Ridge Mountains, Chesapeake Bay, and the York and James Rivers.
The local community offers classes or clubs and the nearby College of William and Mary with its Christopher Wren Association program for local residents is also a favorite. The area is also a good source for shopping, cultural opportunities, and recreation.
Awards & Honors
- Hole No. 6 named to the GolfCourseHome Dream 18, 2009
- Awarded 4 1/2 stars, 2002, by Golf Digest‘s “Places to Play”
- Ranked among the top 6 golf courses in Virginia, 2001, by Golf Digest
- Named “Best New Upscale Course in the U.S., 1996” by Golf Digest
- Named “Best New Upscale Public Course in the U.S., 1996,” by Golf Magazine
- Named a “Top Ten You Can Play” by Golf Magazine
- Ranked No. 31 “Best Modern Course” by Golf and Travel
- Mike Strantz, Stonehouse golf course architect, voted the “Nation’s Hottest Golf Architect, 1998” by Golf World
- Richmond International Airport, 35 minutes
- Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport, 45 minutes