The Bay Club at Mattapoisett is a private golf and lifestyle community on 625 rolling wooded acres near the shores of Buzzard’s Bay (close to Cape Cod). Member-owned, the club is built around a Brad Faxon-Brad Booth championship golf course and also features racquet sports, gourmet dining and many other athletic and cultural pursuits all within its gates.
The Bay Club golf course golf course plays to 7,068 yards from the championship tees at a par-71. Special features include old-fashioned square tee boxes, push-up greens and strategic bunkering. It features close to 100 bunkers and at least four sets of tee markers on each hole.
The Bay Club golf practice facility is 10 acres in size and an active area at the club. It was designed by Brad Faxon to permit practice of any, and every, shot on the regulation course. It includes a massive double-ended range, an intricate short-game practice area and chipping and putting areas. The Bay Club golf course has also received the prestigious Silver Sanctuary Rating from Audubon International, one of just 66 communities worldwide.
Homes & Membership
Full Golf and Social Memberships to the Bay Club at Mattapoisett are still available along with choice lots for custom homes. New homes and resale homes are also available. Abbott Homes now offers maintenance-free homes in the Preserve at the Bay Club.
A maximum of 175 residences planned for the community. All utilities are underground including town water and sewer, gas, cable, phone, fiber optic cable and internet connections. You can choose from four different building/homeowner options–custom lots, resales, model homes and single-family homes. Real estate prices at The Bay Club range from the high-$100,000s (lots) to over $1 million. For details, see the Real Estate section below.
Full Golf and Social Memberships to the Bay Club at Mattapoisett are still available along with choice lots for custom homes. New homes and resale homes are also available and Aerie Homes now offers maintenance-free homes in the Preserve at the Bay Club.
- Maximum of 175 residences planned
- All utilities are underground including town water and sewer, gas, cable, phone, fiber optic cable and internet connections
- Choose from 4 different building/homeowner options
The Preserve at The Bay Club
- Nantucket-Style Design Homes
- Development Team: Nickerson RE and Aerie Homes
- Prices start at $575,000
- 5 distinct home designs
- Single-story and multi-story options available
- 1,950 to 2,840 square feet of modern living space with deluxe amenities including state-of-the-art kitchens, spacious accommodations, and fine finishes
- A luxurious, country-club community setting nestled within the Bay Club
- Access to Bay Club amenities with approved Social Membership
- Design a custom plan or select one of the Bay Club’s pre-approved plans
- Work with one of 3 pre-approved builders
- Bayside Building, Inc.
- Whitman Homes
- Steven J. Bishopric Inc.
- Select your own builder
- Needs approval from Architectural Review Committee
- Choice lots available ranging from 15,000 to 44,065 square feet
- Priced from $250,000-$790,000
- Purchase a resale of an existing Bay Club home
- Current available resales range in size from 2,800 to 3,600 sf
- Prices range from $749,000-$1.275 million
- Purchase a model home built by one of pre-approved builders
- Current available model homes: ranging in size from 2,400 sq. ft.-4,800 sf
- Prices range from $729,900-$1.895 million
The Bay Club’s Sports and Activities Center opened in 2005 and features 10,000-sf with a year-round fitness center, aerobics room, locker rooms with steam. Meeting rooms accommodate many cultural activities at the club with a demonstration kitchen where visiting celebrity chefs share their cooking skills, after which they prepare a special dinner in the Golf House restaurant.
The Golf House’s chef Jim Mercer has developed a varied and sophisticated menu to please gourmet and all family members alike. In season, the patio features a spectacular scenic view of the golf course and putting green.
- Private, master-planned golf community
- 18-hole, par-71 championship golf course
- Course designed by Brad Faxon and Brad Booth
- 10-acre, tour-caliber practice facility
- Practice range 346 yards by 125 yards
- Double-ended teeing, 2 practice putting greens, 2 bunker practice areas
- Indoor winter golf practice facility
- Golf House Restaurant
- 50 seat fine dining restaurant
- Seasonal outdoor covered pergola seating 80
- Fitness Center
- Four Har-Tru tennis courts
- Two platform tennis courts
- Junior-Olympic size swimming pool with zero-depth walk-in
- Aerobics room, weight room and cardio room, Nautilus machines and free weights
- Exercise studio for yoga, pilates, aerobics, massages by appointment
- Cultural activities and social events
- Demonstration kitchen for cooking classes
- Walking trails
- Golf Pro Shop
- Fully stocked with the latest fashions and technology
- Men’s and women’s locker rooms
- Cart Barn with indoor practice facility
- Halfway Cafe between nines
- Outdoor patio space for events
- Buzzard’s Bay just a quarter-mile away
Mattapoisett is a picturesque coastal town along the shoreline of Buzzard’s Bay. Its serene setting inspired the Wampanoag Indians to call it Mattapoisett, meaning “place of resting.”
The town’s tree-shaded streets are lined with historic homes and quaint shops. Picturesque Ned’s Point Lighthouse and Shipyard Park are steady reminders of the town’s nautical past. Today, first-rate marine facilities and plentiful moorings attract a stellar selection of sailors and sportfishers.
Enjoy the Beaches and Boston Nearby
Only a quarter of a mile away, the Buzzard’s Bay area offers some of the finest deep water sailing, fishing and other water sports available in the world. The surrounding South Coast region offers unique shopping and other recreational destinations for the entire family.
The Bay Club is slightly over an hour’s drive from Boston and 45 minutes from Providence. Historic sites like Plymouth Rock and the Adams National Historical Park are within an hour’s drive. Cape Cod, Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard are easily reached and explored from The Bay Club, via car and/or ferry or private boat.
Awards & Honors
- Selected to the GCH Dream 18, Hole No. 17, by GolfCourseHome® Network, 2010
- Certified Silver Audubon Signature Sanctuary
- The only Silver-designated club in Massachusetts, and one of 66 worldwide
- Named a Green Golf Community, ‘Steward Level,’ by GolfCourseHome® Network, 2008
The Bay Club has a staff cultural director who creates a diverse year-round schedule of events and programs. Subjects range from wine and food to books and music. Activities include trips to the Boston Symphony as well as local and regional musical and theatrical events.
Members also enjoy shopping excursions and sporting events from kayaking to colorful fox hunts. Clubs and courses range from gardening and flower arranging to cooking classes in our specially equipped demonstration kitchen.
- Boston’s Logan International Airport, about 60 minutes away
- Providence/ T.F. Green Airport, about 50 minutes away