Windmill Harbour is a 172-acre private residential community adjacent to the Intracoastal Waterway on Hilton Head Island. Home of the prestigious South Carolina Yacht Club, it is master-planned for 500 residences, many with stunning views of the Intracoastal and surrounding saltwater marshes.
Membership in the South Carolina Yacht Club is optional, with a variety of membership opportunities available. Joining the club means earning privileges at several local golf clubs, along with docking privileges for members and their out-of-town guests. The club also hosts regular brunches, happy hours, special holiday events and more throughout the year.
Your Private Harbor
The focal point of Windmill Harbour is a 15.5-acre yacht basin—one of only three private locked harbors on the East Coast. The 260-slip marina at South Carolina Yacht Club is insulated from tidal changes and provides an ideal gateway to deep Atlantic waters.
The Club’s Sports Center has seven tennis courts, a fitness center, full-service locker rooms with sauna, swimming pool and hot tub. Health-conscious members make frequent use of the 24-hour fitness center, outfitted with treadmills, an elliptical machine, and upright and recumbent bikes.
Membership privileges in the SCYC also include reciprocity with over 250 ClubCorp Associate Clubs and over 700 yacht and sailing clubs.
The 13,000-square-foot Windmill Harbour clubhouse, with its twin entry staircases and pastel-stucco exterior, reflects the historical architectural heritage of nearby Charleston. The interior is a skillful blend of formal elegance and comfort, accented by a collection of antique furniture, hardwood floors, and custom made carpets.
South Carolina Yacht Club Members enjoy golfing privileges at Hilton Head National Golf Club and Old South Golf Links in Bluffton, SC.
The community is architecturally vibrant and diverse, featuring Lowcountry homes, villas, Charleston-style townhomes and estate homes.
- 80 percent of homes have a waterview
- Property views include:
- Deep water, lagoon, marsh
- Wooded and/or landscaped
- Lots, priced from $100,000 to $750,000
- Villas/Condominiums, priced from $215,000 to $325,000
- Patio Homes and Estate Homes, priced from $475,000 to $3.1 million
- SCYC boat slips, priced from $30,000 to $230,000
- Boat slips range from 30 feet to 60 feet
- Private, gated community with full-time security
- 15.5-acre yacht basin (largest on Hilton Head Island)
- Constant 8-foot water depth; current-free, tide-free docking
- Fixed concrete docks, private fuel dock and pumpout station
- 260 slips, sized from 30 to 60 feet
- Complete harbormaster services and Marina store
- 13,000-sq.-ft formal clubhouse, multiple dining and gathering spaces
- SCYC sailing activities
- Women-only sailing group, junior sailing program
- Beginner, intermediate and racing divisions
- Private and group lessons year-round
- Two major annual regattas hosted
- Club belongs to South Atlantic Yacht Racing Association (SAYRA)
- Cruise Fleet meets monthly
- South Carolina Yacht Club Sports Center
- Seven Har-Tru tennis courts
- Stadium court, tennis pro shop
- Adult and junior tennis clinics
- Competitive women’s and men’s USTA teams
- Evening round robins and mixers, group and private lessons
- Golf privileges for SCYC members
- Hilton Head National
- 27-hole championship golf by Gary Player and Bobby Weed
- Two par-72 and two par-71 routings
- Old South Golf Links
- 18-hole championship course by Clyde Johnston, par-72, 6,772 yards
- Hilton Head National
Windmill Harbour is a home for active people and families of all ages where your neighbors are your friends. Some activities that bring the community together are the Harbour Stroll where property owners and the Yacht Club work together to decorate and celebrate the holidays, the spring Yard “Sail” and the community’s 4th of July Parade.
2014 Boat Show
The Hilton Head Island Boat Show at Windmill Harbour will return in 2014 after a big success in 2013. The principal sponsors of the Boat Show are the Windmill Harbour Property Owner’s Association, the Marina Owner’s Association and the South Carolina Yacht Club.
In 2013, more than 2,500 local and out-of-state attendees attended the event. Forty-five sail and motor boat vendors and more than 15 boating-related vendors were on hand offering boats, boating accessories and fishing equipment.
One of the most popular activities at the 2014 Boat Show will be the tour of boats which will include 50 or more “in water” boats and 10 or more “out of water” boats. The event promises to be a prime showcase for Windmill Harbour’s “Charleston Style,” the South Carolina Yacht Club and the community’s boater friendly locked harbour and marina.
- Savannah International Airport, about 45 minutes away
- Hilton Head Island Airport, about 10 minutes away