Palmetto Dunes is a world-class, oceanfront resort community often called the “jewel in the crown of Hilton Head Island.” Located along three miles of pristine white sandy beaches on the Atlantic Ocean, it is a combination residential community and world-class vacation resort.
Set within the common areas of Palmetto Dunes are the Marriott and Hilton hotels, villas, shops, restaurants, and golf and tennis facilities. Within the private areas of Palmetto Dunes are the larger homes and additional facilities. Homesites within the community include oceanfront homes, wooded view, golf view, and lagoon view properties.
Three Top Courses
Three world-class golf courses showcase the natural beauty throughout the community and provide challenging golf for all levels of play. The renowned Robert Trent Jones Oceanfront Course’s par-5 No. 10 hole has a breathtaking view of the Atlantic Ocean and is one of only two oceanfront holes on Hilton Head Island.
The Arthur Hills Course is not only picturesque, but challenging. With ocean breezes, rolling dunes that create uneven golf lies and 10 holes sited on the water, precision play can be extremely important. The George Fazio Course was named for its famous designer but built with the help of his nephew, the highly regarded golf architect, Tom Fazio. It is ranked among America’s Top 100 courses.
Get a taste of Palmetto Dunes with its Stay and Play package. See details below.
- Palmetto Dunes homes (can be rented out by owner)
- Small vacation homes and residences from $400,000
- Golf view homes from $650,000
- 11-mile lagoon views from $600,000
- Ocean-oriented homes from $650,000
- Oceanfront homes from $3,000,000
- Palmetto Dunes villas (can be rented out by owner)
- 1-bedroom from $160,000
- 2-bedroom harbor view from $275,000
- 2-bedroom ocean view from $450,000
- Leamington Private Residences (no short-term rentals)
- Single-family homes
- Wooded views from $500,000
- Golf views from $800,000
- Ocean view from $3 million
- Short term rental permitted
- 3-bedroom ocean-oriented from $900,000
- 3-bedroom oceanfront from $2 million
- Short term rental permitted
- Many midrange properties available in all categories
- Palmetto Dunes oceanfront golf resort & residential community
- Three championship golf courses
- Three miles of beautiful beaches along the Atlantic Ocean
- Deepwater marina
- Beachfront dining
- Private beach club for Leamington owners
- World renowned tennis center
- Two oceanfront hotels
- 11-mile lagoon and nature conservancy
- Bike, kayak and canoe rental on-site
- Leisure and biking trails
- Convenient to shopping, dining and regional center for the arts
- Complimentary shuttle service to all areas of the plantation
Palmetto Dunes is truly set apart from other resorts in the Southeast. Surrounded by water with the Atlantic Ocean on one side and Shelter Cove Harbour on the other, the plantation’s 11-mile saltwater lagoon system provides a waterfront atmosphere throughout the entire community.
At the same time, Palmetto Dunes’ location in the heart of Hilton Head Island puts all island conveniences right outside the front gate.
Owners and guests use the waterway to enjoy the well-preserved natural areas of Palmetto Dunes, a habitat for more than 40 species of birds and fish. Kayaks and canoes are available and the perfect transportation to explore
Awards & Honors
- Ranked #1 Family Resort in the United States and Canada, by Travel & Leisure Family
- Ranked in the Top 10 Luxury Family Resorts, by Forbes Magazine
- Named a ’50 Greatest U.S. Tennis Resorts’, by Tennis Magazine
- Awarded Silver Medal/Top 75 Golf Resorts, by Golf Magazine
- Named to ‘World’s Best Golf Resorts’, by Travel & Leisure Golf
- Robert Trent Jones Oceanfront Course named 2009 “Golf Course of the Year” in SC, by SC Golf Course Owners Association
- Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort ranked in ‘Top 25 Best Family Resorts’, by Golf for Women Magazine
- Fodor’s Golf Digest Places to Play bestowed the three golf courses with 4 stars
- Ranked #2 in the World for Best Instructional Programs and Events, #3 in the World for Best Junior Programs, #5 in the World for Best Tennis Resorts by Tennis Resorts Online
> Palmetto Dunes, Hilton Head Island SC has an Albatross Golf Package that features outstanding resort accommodations plus three rounds of golf on your choice of three championship courses with over $500 in savings.
Package features a special rate starting at $185 per person/per night and includes 4 days /3 nights in a 2-bedroom villa at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort, three rounds of golf on your choice of three championship courses (includes green fees and cart fees) with free replays (based on availability), complimentary range balls, one $50 Resort Gift Card to use at clubhouses and restaurants, and more. Send me more information about this Palmetto Dunes package!
Stay & Play Package
Palmetto Dunes, Hilton Head Island SC announced a special stay-and-play opportunity, the Golf Academy Package, with rates variable based on type of accommodation you select.
The package includes 4 days /3 nights lodging, two days of 3-hour instruction sessions, two 9-hole rounds of golf after 2 pm at Arthur Hills or George Fazio courses, a video analysis emailed to you, lunch after lessons and unlimited practice range use.
- Savannah Hilton Head International Airport, about 30 minutes away