GCH Network Newsletter
Communities On the Water & the Golf Course
Vol. 16, No. 1,100 April 15, 2016 Circ. 15,000
RETIREMENT PLANNER: HILTON HEAD ISLAND SC
NOW TRENDING ON GCH NETWORK
FIRST TEE – RETIREMENT PLANNER
Good Morning! This week Hilton Head Island SC, is hosting golf’s top players at the 48th Annual RBC Heritage Presented by Boeing (April 11–17). To be held at the famed Harbour Town Golf Links at Sea Pines Resort, the tournament, like the island itself, has rebounded from the depths of the Great Recession to become a magnet once again for visitors, and especially retirees.
This issue offers you a number of homes for sale, Hilton Head Island discovery package and more. You can also read about the island’s comeback and growing preeminence as a retirement haven in GCH Retirement Planner Advisory Board Member Mike Notartomaso’s post on the island’s resurgence. If you like island living, seafood, golf and other sports, great dining and culture, then you’ll love Hilton Head Island!—David Lott, Founder/Publisher
HILTON HEAD ISLAND HOMES
Palmetto Bluff, Bluffton
> More listing information: Palmetto Bluff, Bluffton SC
Asking Price: $585,000
Property Address: 15 Carnegie Street, Bluffton SC 29910
Located in the heart of Palmetto Bluff, this charming cottage is a wonderful opportunity to enjoy the resort neighborhood lifestyle.
- Single-story living in a light, bright 1,500-sf cottage
- Large front porch plus screened porch with wood-burning fireplace
- Detached garage and patio
- Within walking distance of restaurants, pools, fitness centers and May River
- Send me more about this home in Palmetto Bluff!
Hilton Head Plantation, Hilton Head Island
> More listing information: Hilton Head Plantation, Hilton Head Island SC
Asking Price: $559,000
Property Address: 6 Marsh Owl Court, Hilton Head Island SC 29926
This 2,860-sf home is located on a private cul-de-sac with extraordinary views of Bear Lake to the rear. Spacious and open, it’s in close proximity to Dolphin Head and Plantation pool and tennis.
- Large living room with high ceilings
- Eat-in kitchen opens to family room with fireplace
- Master bedroom and bath have excellent direct views of the lake
- Send me more about this home in Hilton Head Plantation!
Colleton River Plantation, Bluffton
> More listing information: Colleton River Plantation, Bluffton SC
Asking Price: $679,900
Property Address: 7 Middleton Gardens Place, Bluffton SC 29910
Enjoy the easy lifestyle this golf home offers, with its flowing open floor plan ideal for entertaining. It is also designed for convenience, with multiple generous storage areas.
- Spacious dining room with lighted barrel ceiling
- Intimate den adjacent to great room features built-in cabinets
- Private kitchen with upgraded stainless appliances including Wolf gas range
- Hardwood floors as well as antique silver travertine
- Send me more about this home in Colleton River!
Haig Point Club, Daufuskie Island
> More listing information: Haig Point Club, Daufuskie Island SC
Asking Price: $795,000
Property Address: 55 Forest Lake Drive, Daufuskie Island SC 29915
Currently being built by highly regarded Osprey Construction, Inc., this 3,250-sf home is designed so that every room has prime views of Forest Lake. Several rooms can be customized to the owner’s specific preferences.
- Main wing has open floor plan with large master suite plus two guest suites up
- Floating staircase to a multi-purpose room above outdoor-living courtyard
- Location is at one end of Forest Lake, close to Clubhouse and private ferry
- Send me more about this home in Haig Point!
Moss Creek Plantation, Bluffton
> More listing information: Moss Creek Plantation, Hilton Head Island SC
Asking Price: $689,000
Property Address: 63 Peninsula Drive, Hilton Head Island SC 29926
This 2,883-sf Lowcountry home excellent creek and river views from throughout the residence. An enormous back deck wraps around the home amid the privacy of a handsome, well-treed property.
- Open kitchen to living area with grand ceilings
- Fireplace, irrigation system and two-car garage
- Send me more about this home in Moss Creek!
GETAWAYS & STAY ‘n’ PLAYS
Discover the Lowcountry Life at Oldfield
Oldfield offers you a taste of the Lowcountry lifestyle.
> Oldfield, Okatie, SC Come visit Oldfield private golf and amenity community on its Discovery Package and learn about the Lowcountry life. The package is for two people who will stay in either a River Cottage or Carriage Home. Special features include lunch for two at Magnolia Grille or diner at the River Club and one round of golf for two.
Other benefits include a river cruise for two with Oldfield River Pro, complimentary access to The Sports Club, Equestrian Center and Outfitter’s Center and use of kayaks and bicycles. Package also includes a VIP community tour with an Oldfield Realtor. Cost: $199/night. For more information, contact Darle Booher, Realtor, at 843-368-5549. Send me more information about Oldfield!
WHAT’S GOING ON AT…
Palmetto Dunes HarbourFest
Palmetto Dunes, SC: Ready for summer-long HarbourFest.
> Palmetto Dunes, Hilton Head Island SC has preparations underway for another edition of HarbourFest at Shelter Cove Harbour. This is a summer-long celebration with live music featuring Shannon Tanner, entertainment from Cappy the Clown, art & crafts and activities for kids.
Tuesday nights during HarbourFest feature fireworks displays This family-friendly event has been enjoyed by thousands of visitors for the last 25 years. Harbourtfest, runs mid-June through mid-August. Send me more information about Palmetto Dunes!