~ GCH Network Newsletter ~
Communities On the Water & the Golf Course
Vol. 16, No. 1,060 November 13, 2015 Circ. 15,000
Today’s Real Estate Deals & News
* Watch for the next issue – Tuesday, November 17th!
Good Morning! It’s award season again, and perhaps the most applicable one to GCH visitors is Golfweek’s 100 Best Residential Courses. A good golf course is still a source of pride to community residents, although outstanding dining, good friends, memorable events and other world-class amenities and experiences are important as well. We are proud to acknowledge the 12 GCH community courses that made the 100 Best list in addition to the 11 layouts that were named to the Next 100.
Overall, seven states are represented with South Carolina leading the way with 8 courses, followed by Georgia and Arizona with four, North Carolina (3), Florida (2), Utah and Vermont (1). Jack Nicklaus was the top designer with eight courses, while three courses (The Cliffs at Mountain Park, SC, Colleton River, SC, and Champion Hills, NC), made the list for the first time. See all the winners below, plus read about Haig Point in our Retirement Planner, where residents are known for enjoying strong bonds with nature and each other.–David Lott, Founder/Publisher
Golfweek’s 100 Best Residential Courses for 2015
The GolfCourseHome courses that made the list are noted below with the name of the community and course, followed by the year the course opened and its designer. The Next 100 simply lists the courses without a specific ranking.
23. (24) Kiawah (Cassique), Kiawah Island, S.C., 2000, Tom Watson
40. (42) Currahee Club, Toccoa, Ga., 2004, Jim Fazio
43. (NR) The Cliffs at Mountain Park, Travelers Rest, S.C., 2013, Gary
68. (49) Red Ledges Golf Club, Heber City, UT, 2009, Jack Nicklaus
75. (92) Kiawah Island (River), Kiawah, S.C., 1995, Tom Fazio
76. (84) Colleton River (Nicklaus), Bluffton, S.C., 1992, Jack Nicklaus
81. (76) Mirabel Club, Scottsdale, Ariz., 2001, Tom Fazio
82. (71) Reynolds Plantation, (Great Waters), Greensboro, Ga., 1992, Jack
83. (NR) Colleton River (Dye), Bluffton, S.C., 1998, Pete Dye
87. (89) Daniel Island (Ralston Creek), Charleston, S.C., 2006, Rees Jones
91. (95) Golf Club at Fiddler’s Creek, Naples, Fla., 2002, Arthur Hills
92. (NR) Champion Hills, Hendersonville, N.C., 1991, Tom Fazio
Golfweek’s Best Residential Courses: The Next 100
The Cliffs at Walnut Cove, Arden, NC, 2005, Jack Nicklaus
Desert Mountain (Chiricahua), Scottsdale, AZ., 1999, Jack Nicklaus
Desert Mountain (Geronimo), Scottsdale, AZ., 1989, Jack Nicklaus
Desert Mountain (Outlaw), Scottsdale, AZ, 2004, Jack Nicklaus
Golden Ocala, Ocala, FL., 1986, Ron Garl
Haig Point, Daufuskie Island, SC, 1986, Rees Jones
Hasentree, Wake Forest, NC, 2007, Tom Fazio
Landings at Skidaway Island (Deer Creek), Skidaway, GA, 1991, Tom Fazio
Quechee Club (Highland), Quechee, VT., 2002, Geoffrey S. Cornish, William G.
Reserve at Lake Keowee, Sunset, SC, 2002, Jack Nicklaus
Reynolds Plantation (National), Greensboro, GA, 1997, Tom Fazio
Golf Retirement Planner – Haig Point Club, SC
> More community information: Haig Point Club, Daufuskie Island SC
Location: 10 Haig Point Circle, Daufuskie Isl, SC 29928
- Category: Private
- Real Estate: From $20,000
- Properties: Homes, Lots, Rentals, Townhomes
- Discovery Tour: Yes
- Views: Golf, Marsh, Ocean, Wooded
- Gated: Yes
- 24 Hour Security: Yes
- Course Designer: Rees Jones
Haig Point is a serene and nature-loving community set on the sea island of Daufuskie Island, located just off the South Carolina coast between Hilton Head and Savannah, GA.
Daufuskie is accessible only by a private ferry system originating from Hilton Head, creating the ultimate private getaway. With 3.5 miles of pristine beachfront, Daufuskie is surrounded by the waters of the Calibogue Sound, the Intracoastal Waterway and the Atlantic Ocean. Send me more information about Haig Point!
Haig Point, SC: Take the ferry to the ultimate private getaway.
Residents and guests drive electric golf carts to the points of interest in and around the community, which is home to a Rees Jones Signature golf course, plus a nine-hole short course ideal for younger juniors and the casual player.
The Haig Point Tennis Center features six Har-Tru courts, including two that are lighted for evening play. Other amenities at Haig Point include an equestrian center, two restaurants and a community park. Send me more information about Haig Point!
Haig Point has a community dock where members and guests may tie up for the day, rent a kayak or fish. (Daufuskie Island is home to some of the best fishing in the Southeast.) And if you’d rather not catch your dinner, The Calibogue Club offers premier waterfront dining for the entire family, along with a grill and bar at poolside.
Directly across from the clubhouse, the Fitness Center, which is open seven days a week, is outfitted with excellent resistance exercise and aerobic equipment and an outdoor lap pool. Men’s and ladies’ locker rooms feature showers and a sauna room. Send me more information about Haig Point!
Haig Point, SC: The pool is popular with all generations.
Overall, the tranquility, abundant nature, world-class amenities, family activities, and environmental stewardship that Haig Point is known for help set it apart from most other island resort communities. Set up a visit and see if you don’t agree. Send me more information about Haig Point!
SOUTH CAROLINA HOMES
> More listing information: Callawassie Island, SC
Asking Price: $298,000
Address: 25 River Bend Drive
A circular driveway adds graceful ambience to this 3,530-sf Lowcountry style home with its long marsh and water views. Located on a private cul-de-sac, this custom home has 4 bedrooms and 31/2 baths. This light and bright home features extensive moldings, generous ceilings, fireplaces in living and family rooms plus extensive decking and screen porch.
- Located on a private cul-de-sac
- Light and bright home with extensive moldings and trim
- Fireplaces in living room and dining room
- Extensive decking and screen porch
- Send me more about this home in Callawassie Island!
NORTH CAROLINA HOMES
> More listing information: The Cliffs at Walnut Cove, Arden NC
Asking Price: $1,995,000
Property Address: 704 Craggyside Lane
This Bob Timberlake designed home marries the best of casual elegance with functionality, amenities, and fine finishes. It offers southern views of Walnut Cove’s golf course from the wrap around deck and fireplace.
- Large master-on-main and three guest suites upstairs
- Home theater, craft room and game room
- En-suite fifth bedroom on lower level used as office
- Attached two-car garage plus golf cart bay
- Send me more about this home in The Cliffs at Walnut Cove!
Coming to Golf Course Home Network
- Casa del Lago, Dominican Republic
- Silver Creek Plantation, NC
- Yacht & Country Club, FL